PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, August 29, 2011

A Pinterest Project {Plates}

I was late to the Pinterest party.
Really late.
But its not my fault, ok it is.
I have to admit I just did not get it.
Not one bit of the hype.
Then someone sent me an invite and what's the saying
"The rest is history."

Now Monday's are going to be dedicated as "A Pinterest Project".

This weekend when pinning, I came across this image...


And I fell hard for it.

While my mind was spinning about plans to go to goodwill and start gathering, I had a hand to the forehead moment, I freaking have a box FULL of plates from Hub's grandmother just chillin in a closet!!


I could not get up the stairs fast enough. And when I was done unwrapping I had two beautiful stacks of hidden jewels sitting in front of me.


Our entry has been in desperate need of some sprucing.
And after a quick convincing to Hubs, I was off to Joanns to purchase some plate hangers.


We sat and picked out our favorites {I could have put every single one up but that would not fly with Hubs, but I might just add one every once in a while and pray Hubs does not notice, Hubs just forget you read that, mkay.}



They add a touch of color and a bit of whimsy to our barren entryway.


Next I will be adding a few nic nacs to the table to tie together.

Look what I did.

So there you go the first of many "A Pinterest Project".
Happy pinning!

Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap   up           party!

28 comments:

Sarah B. said...

I love how it turned out! And how awesome that you already had those lovely plates! :)

Ashley said...

love it! and those plates are gorgeous, and I love that you didn't have to go out and buy them.

LittleGreenThread said...

While we were moving this weekend, I discovered two boxes of my Grandmother's china that I didn't even know I had. I plan to do something similar with the plates. I'm like you though, I could hang every one of them because they are just so pretty.
Love the way yours turned out!

Michelle (michabella) said...

That is so awesome you already had some plates to use!! LOVE IT!!!!!! And I love that last picture. Made me LOL. <3

Joy said...

Turned out super! :)

emily anderson said...

so jealous that you had the box of plates just lying around!

the entryway looks fab. i need to see it in person. *cough*invitemeover*cough*

Sandy a la Mode said...

super cute!! i LOVE it!!! i just did a pinterest post about picture frames on walls too, can't wait for that to go up in my house!!

Christa said...

Looks great! How awesome that you already had the plates! It's like you were supposed to do this. Haha! Seriously though, love it.

Kelly said...

Amy, what a TERRIFIC idea! Love how it turned out! Way to go, Girl! :0)

Anonymous said...

It looks awesome! I love how the colors pop from the plates too! And what a way to recycle stuff.

Marissa said...

Uh, ok, what? That looks awesome. And you're really cute.

Sara Stoff said...

haha! I love the photo of you in the mirror pointing. so stinkin cute.

Stephanie said...

First of all I wanted to tell you that I love that picture on pinterest and what you did with your grandma's plates, it looks beautiful just like the picture. I love the way they are displayed, such a creative way to use plates!

Second, I thought this was funny..when I first saw your last picture I thought you were giving the finger HAHA then I looked closer and I saw that you were pointing to your plates in the picture...I was like is she??? Oh no, silly me, she is pointing to the plates! LOL

SimpleGreenishLiving said...

I've been eyeing inspiration pics like that on Pinterest for awhile too...love what you came up with and like others LOVE that you had the plates already!

Cindy said...

I LOVE this!!!

Cherry Blossoms said...

Pinteret is my new addiction :)

Dizzylovesicy said...

They look fab!!

angie said...

love it. i had the same pic pinned too :)

Unknown said...

I LOVE it!

And if your man is anything like mine, you can add lots more and he will never notice!

This is a true story ~

last weekend we were doing some moving on our deck in preparation for the hurricane. The mister says to me "I love that new end table. Did you thrift and restore it? Yes I did, I said. LAST year!

{I'm stopping by from Gussy Sews.}

xo, Anita

Earl-Leigh said...

Oh squee! It's fabulous! I love Pinterest.

Jessica said...

Love it! And I love the thought of a pinterest project day! I'll be back to check that out! I just started pinning pictures as well. It's fun and addicting!

Liv @ Choosing Beauty said...

So fun! Like a tidal wave of pretty plates - great idea!

Lindsay said...

I love it! What a great idea!

Shelly Tutt said...

It looks wonderful!
You did a fabulous job.
I want to do this in my home now. Ha!
Stopping by from miss gussy's.
Shelly xo

paige said...

This is so cute! I love the colors!

Alison said...

Love it!!!

Val said...

I have that pinned too, what a beautiful arrangement.

Ashley J @ MommyByDayCrafterByNight said...

This is seriously SO CUTE! I love the way it turned out! The vintage plates are perfect! I would love it if you would come link this up to my Ta-Da Tuesday Link Party!!
http://mommybydaycrafterbynight.blogspot.com/2011/09/ta-da-tuesday-link-party-3.html
xoxo, Ashley J