PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

All my ducks in a row. DIY

Bean's 1st birthday is fast approaching.
I am TRYING to contain myself and not go OVERBOARD.
BUT lets be honest peeps, thats not me.
I love this stuff and the stress it brings.
My Hubby, can be quoted as saying this at least once during any
thing I am planning or making "Why do you
put so much into this stuff? All it does is stress you out."
And my answer EVERY time is this "STUFF" makes me happy, mkay.

So I have been in happy land planning this week.
One little DIY I had planned was making soap rubber duckies.

Here is what you will need:
- Rubber Duckies {mine were purchased from Oriental Trading, they have a HUGE
selection of themed ducks}
-Package of soap 32oz {I used pure glycerine, I did not add any coloring or perfumes.
As I knew some kids coming have skin irritations and allergies.}
- Soap mold
- Deep baking dish
- Ice and water


Melt the soap per the bags instructions. I used the microwave directions, very easy.
Pour ice water into the baking dish and place the mold into the water.


Place a duck in each mold and pour the melted soap. The ice water will set the soap pretty quickly. You should be able to remove the soap duckies within 5 minutes.


This was so simple and easy, I will be doing it again for sure. You can
do these for little gifts for school, PERFECT! I am going to package them up and they will be favors.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

christina said...

I am the same way with the little details, but it is worth it. Those are RIDICULOUSLY cute, what a great idea. I can't wait to see the rest of the party! Are those going to be inside the bags? Your such a cool mom:)

Unknown said...

Love this :) I am currently planning my sons first birthday also. My husband thinks i am nuts... he just keeps saying hes not going to remember it. But i am right there with you... planning it is stressing me out. yet making me very happy :)
cant wait to see what else you have planned!

Jenni said...

love those!!